In order to secure your privacy on your pc, u might need to lock certain folders. It’ll only take a couple of steps and you're done. The default password is "type your password here", This is the only thing you are going change in the code.
FELLOW THE STEP OUTLINE BELOW:
- Copy the code below to notepad(don't try to editor anything here)
- Save this file as “locker.bat”(with the double quote).NOTE: (If you want the file name to be different, find and replace Locker in the code with the name of your choice). This new locker folder will be created in the same hierarchy as the .bat file.
- Now close the notepad and double click on locker.bat file to open.
- It will create a folder named Locker with automatic open it. After creation of the folder, place the contents (your files & folders) you want to lock inside the Folder.
- Please don’t change anything except password, otherwise this lock may not work.
- Double click locker.bat again. It will show the window CMD interface, if ask to lock the folder Y/N(means yes/no). If you press y then enter key. it will lock the folder and your folder will be hidden.
- To unlock run locker.bat again, it will ask to enter password, type in correct password then enter key, you can now see your folder back.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
- What if I no longer want to hide the folder?
Just delete the locker.bat file when the locker folder is in visible mode. Or you can rename the Locker folder to something else and the next time if you double click, it will create an empty Locker folder.
- What if I deleted the .bat file when the Locker folder is not hidden?
You can download the code again, change the password and create the locker.bat file. Now paste that file in the same hierarchy as the Locker folder. It will work as before with the new password.
- What if I deleted the .bat file when the Locker folder is hidden?
The contents are still there hidden, so don’t panic! Just download the code again, change the password and create the locker.bat file. Now paste that file in the same hierarchy as the Locker folder is hidden. Double click the .bat file and you can unlock the Locker folder with the new password.
Note: This trick is only to provide Privacy, so that nobody accidentally opens your private folders. It does not provide any ultimate security. Anybody can open locker.bat in any text editor and view the code. As I had mentioned it before try to keep this file in not an obvious place with a name that looks like a system file, so that nobody will have a chance to touch or doubt at this file.